I'm a 22 year old New Jersey native and future Student Affairs grad. I blog my stream of consciousness, social justice, photography, indie/alt jams, and a dash of Britney Spears.
Wow, Britney JUST invented doing impressions and now one of her disciples is doing one at the VMAs. Britney is so inspiring; where would we be without her?
The photos and information coming out of Ferguson, MO this evening are shocking.
SWAT teams clearing out fast food restaurants, journalists arrested, full-scale police-as-military response to non-violent protest.
And yet perhaps the most amazing thing is that there seem not to be any elected officials willing to tell this police force to stand down.
It’s gonna take me a million years to finish Buffy but dang it’s so good.
So I’ve been living in South Carolina for a total of 3 days now. Here are my observations:
1. There is at least one church of some Christian denomination on literally every block.
2. The radio stations are either all religious or country, or the alternative and top 40 stations are a third what they say they are, a third country/folk pop, or a third something WAY out in left field. Like Sheryl Crow on an alt station.
3. Drivers are much nicer than Jersey, but are still fucking idiots.
4. Southerners love their fast food. And their fast food is delicious.
5. I can get cheap as fuck beer or wine in any store, except on Sundays, in which I can’t purchase any alcohol whatsoever.
6. The Confederate flag does indeed exist and fly at the state house.
7. People are so god damn slow.
Anyway, it’s been lovely. Life is so much better without tumblr. And I have no idea who I’m following because everyone changed their names.
See you down South, y’all.
Finally, let’s talk about pumping gas.
I did it once. Barely.
It’s not rocket science. Everyone else in the country pumps gas except New Jersey. I, however, being a lifelong NJ native, have never done this completely on my own.
I feel like once I do it, my car is just gonna implode. Because science.
This is what I’m most worried about tbh.
Okay. For starters:
I’m really fucking sad that I won’t see my dog until December. That’s 5 months FIVE MONTHS GOD.
Also, I’m like a little nervous to drive 11 hours in one day. I think if I were driving alone in the car it would be somewhat easier, but if I were by myself, I wouldn’t be able to bring literally half my shit. Maybe I’m wrong.
I’m back. Shortly. Mainly because I have multiple things to say about my trip down south tomorrow and Twitter is boring.
Moving to South Carolina means no Wawa for a long period of time. So I bought this shirt to not only remind me of home, but also to educate the Southern masses of the gloriousness and deliciousness that is the Wawa lifestyle.